Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Rugby Blog

Before I came to college I never played a sport. So naturally when I got here I decided it was a fantastic idea to start playing one of the roughest and toughest sports around, RUGBY.
My first day at Fredonia as a Freshman, I showed up to practice and I have been hooked ever since.
This is my fourth year on the team, and I still don't know everything there is to know about it, as most people don't. It is a very complex and physical sport so naturally it was easy to find a lot of blogs dedicated to it.

Some of the blogs I did not particularly like just because they were too focused on particular international teams or competitions. Albeit interesting, I would much rather spend my time reading about rugby in a more broad and inclusive sense. The Scottish Rugby Blog page was also way too cluttered and it made it overwhelming to divulge further into.

There were a few blogs I was automatically attracted to just by the titles. "Blood & Mud- The Rugby blog" was appealing, but it was too white so I stopped reading. I had some good information, but there was also a bunch of time-wasting posts on it. I'm sorry, but I really do not car who's jerseys look like spearmint candy.

 I scanned over some more blogs, but "Dumptackle Rugby Blog" jumped off of the page at me. This was the blog that really caught my eye, so I pursued it further.

The reason I chose this blog was because it had a catchy heading that made me curious. I love to hate dump tackles so I had to keep reading. When I opened it up, the colors and picture at the top of the page kept me intrigued, unlike some of the other blogs I had found.
The lettering was kind of small on the page but that is easy to magnify. What really stuck out to me was all of the interesting polls and informational videos that were on the page. It kept me entertained and informed and wasn't just a repeat of regurgitated opinions. For these reason, I chose this blog to be the winner in the
"What blog is worth Skylar's time" competition.




http://www.bloodandmud.com/
 http://www.dumptackle-rugbyblog.com/
http://www.scottishrugbyblog.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment