Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I checked out three blogs after typing classic car blogs in a search engine.

www.amberlightgarage.com

www.classicnation.com/blog/

www.fossilcars.com

    Amberlight was also called Frank's Blog as well. It was well written, though it was more about what Frank was doing at the time. It was jamed with interesting factoids, but it is not specific to any type of car. It had pictures of cars that Frank was working on and short narritives of the work performed to the cars. He also had a few videos that he found ammusing. It also was more humorous than the others, and if I read it again it would be just because I wished to be entertained.
    Classic Nation seams to be run by two people, Nick and Ivan. I believe they are the only ones that can post on this site because they are the only ones that do. Others that visit the site can comment on the posts. It is set up different than Amberlight. Visiters can look through the posts which have a picture of the featured car, a title and a few words from the post. Once again I think that Ivan and Nick just post about what ever they run into. It would not be a real source for information about a specific model. There classified section had a lot of nice cars for sale. Unfortunatly, they are mostly very far away and very expensive. I would only visit again if I wanted to drool over them.
    Fossil Cars has blog section, but I beileve the site is mostly about selling cars. I saw no posts by anyone other than Fossil Car's staff. Pinning or sharing the blog is about all a visitor can do. The site is broken down into manufacture groups and car names are in blue. The name is a link that takes you to the classified section. Staff writers must make feature articials on cars they have in the system to bait you into buying one. I will not be returning to this site. Clicking on the forum tab sends you to a place were car owners can share tips and tricks in repairing their cars. I would return to this site if stumped on a repair.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment